GCReading

GCReading

Love all things books, music, and movies!

Founder of Good Choice Reading Reviews & Bookish Event Coordinator.

Review: Erased by Jennifer Rush

Expected publication: January 7th 2014

by Little, Brown Young Readers

ARC Provided by Around The World ARC Tours

GoodReadsAmazonB&N

They thought they had escaped. They were wrong.

After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas, and Nick, Anna is trying to make sense of the memories resurfacing from her old life. At the same time, she's learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back.

Then a figure from Anna's childhood reappears. Is it a Branch setup, or could it be the reunion Anna has hoped for? Uncertain of where her loyalties lie, Anna must fight to learn the truth -- before she is betrayed again. Ultimately, the answers hinge on one question: What was the real reason her memories were erased?

Jennifer Rush delivers a thrilling sequel to Altered in a novel packed with mysteries, lies, and surprises that are sure to keep readers guessing until the last age is turned.

Erased was one of the books that were on my MUST-HAVE and MUST-READ list. I loved ALTERED so much and just could not wait to jump back into the world of my three favorite boys, Sam, Cas, and Nick.

Erased is filled with so much mystery and suspense that I just couldn't contain myself while reading. I was grunting, screaming, telling everyone around to shut up so I can read, and at times I was even talking to the book like I was a part of the story. It was pretty funny actually. My husband thinks I am crazy. But that is how involved I was in the story and how much I loved it. I enjoyed Erased a lot more than the first. I loved all the twist and turns the story took.

Jumping into it I was expecting it to be similar to the first book, but I felt Erased had a whole different plot. The only thing similar to Altered was Nick, Sam, Cas and Anna were on the run, and the agency is still a huge threat. But so much goes down that I literally felt like I was reading a spin-off of some sort. I loved that! It wasn’t what I was expecting at all.

Erased also focuses a lot on Nick and Anna. You really get to know Nick and his past. I’ve read some concerns about a possible love triangle happening in Erased, but I can tell you there isn’t. I absolutely hate love triangles, but this is the one time I was hoping and hoping something would blossom between Nick and Anna. I liked Nick’s character in Altered, but in Erased I fell in love with him.

Erased is a great sequel! If you’re new to the series, you still have to read Altered to follow along in Erased. Even though Erased felt fresh and different to me, there is so much information shared in Altered that you need in order to get a true feel for the world Jennifer Rush has created, and her characters. I recommend this series and think it would be great a TV show.