GCReading

GCReading

Love all things books, music, and movies!

Founder of Good Choice Reading Reviews & Bookish Event Coordinator.

Eve and Adam

Eve and Adam - Eve & Adam was not what I was expecting at all. When I jumped into this story I was expecting some kind futuristic world with people who were really robots, with a Frankenstein twist to it. Yeah, I was way off. The story actually takes place in the present, only Eve’s mother is some kind mad scientist. This is the only way I can think of describing her. She has some kind of underground secret lab where things happen that the outside world doesn’t know about, like fast healing, and medical procedures that aren’t allowed.When Eve gets into a severe car accident that should have left her dead, her mother immediately steps in and brings Eve to her secret laboratory. Eve spends a lot time there while she “recovers”. To kill sometime and keep herself a bit entertained, her mother gives her a project. Create Adam. It’s like a game of SIMS. I am a huge fan of SIMS so I shared Eve’s excitement. Every day she spends time creating Adam, at the same time getting to know Solo and spending time with her best friend.The tension and the suspense building up to the end of the story were exciting and had me at the edge of my seat. I also enjoyed the romance that started to build between Solo and Eve. I thought it was really sweet. I liked Solo and Eve as a couple, but some of the events that took place gave me the idea that maybe in book two there will be a love triangle. I really hope not because I enjoyed this book a lot and think it’s definitely worth buying. It’s different and reads at a great pace. Each chapter reveals just enough, at the same time keeping you attached to the pages. The characters are realistic and the story is easy to follow.Great story!4.5 out of 5 stars!