GCReading

GCReading

Love all things books, music, and movies!

Founder of Good Choice Reading Reviews & Bookish Event Coordinator.

Scent of Magic

Scent of Magic - Maria V. Snyder Scent of Magic kicks off not long after where Touch of Power left us. This was great because I got easily sucked back in to the story and remembered a lot. All the important things are recapped, but not overly done where you’re wasting three to four chapters recapping.In Scent of Magic I found that Avery’s character matured a lot. Don’t get me wrong, in Touch of Power I didn’t find her to be weak at all, but in this book I found that she was a bit braver and did a lot of daring things. The romance between Avery and Kerrick is pretty solid in this book, and of course being such a huge romance lover, I was swooning like crazy. But, unfortunately there was a point where they had to part ways to take care of separate things. I was a little upset over this, but Snyder gives you Avery’s point of view and Kerrick’s. The chapters alternate, so I knew what was happening on his end, and what was happening on Avery’s end.What I love most about Snyder’s writing is that she creates characters that you can easily connect with and find very believable. There isn’t one character in Scent of Magic that I can complain about. I also love how Snyder keeps you at the edge of your seat with suspense. My nerves were shot and I couldn’t wait to find out what was going to happen, or when things were going to be revealed that I skipped ahead a couple of times. I don’t do well with suspense. LOL! I just had to know! I was not disappointed and the entire time I just kept thinking how much I love this series. How much I love the world Snyder has created and the characters; bonus, the romance between Avery and Kerrick.This is definitely a series I wish didn’t have to end eventually. I want it to go on and on. LOL!Scent of Magic is a great continuation to Touch of Power and definitely doesn't feel like a fill in to the series. It was just as good, if not better. Great series!5 out of 5 stars!