GCReading

GCReading

Love all things books, music, and movies!

Founder of Good Choice Reading Reviews & Bookish Event Coordinator.

The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, Book 1)

The Greyfriar - Clay Griffith, Susan Griffith This is yet another first for me. I normally do not read Sci/Fi Fantasy or steampunk, but yet for some reason Vampire Empire just caught my eye. I love Vampires and when a book has a mysterious character with a hidden identity.Adele is royalty and has always lived by the rules. She is proud of her family and is happy to follow the rules and do what is expected of her. On a trip one day her ship is attacked by Vampires and Adele is the Target. The Vampires want her and nothing is going to get in their way. When her shipped is attacked she is rescued by The Greyfriar, who to her was just a myth. Now on the run with a man she knows nothing about and had no idea he even existed, Adele needs to find a way to warn her family and find her way home.The relationship between Adele and The Greyfrair was just beautiful in every way. Who wouldn't fall in love with a mask man who is constantly putting himself in danger to protect you? I loved everything about Adele and The Greyfrair and thought they were very believable. Once Adele finds out who the Greyfrair really is, at first she feels anger and betrayed, but then the more time she spend with him she realizes he is just a broken soul who wants to find a place to belong. She fall's deeply in love with him. Did I forget to mention that she is set to marry someone else once she returns home? Forbidden love is the best!I actually read Vampire Empire a couple of weeks ago and wanted to put my copy up for grab, but I don't think I am ready to part with it. I absolutely love this book and cannot wait for part two of the story. I was taken by surprise at how much I enjoyed it. I never heard of steam punk and I normally don't read books from the Sci/fi section. After this, I see I am missing out on some good books.If you haven't read Vampire Empire, I recommend it. It has a beautiful love story that with very little words you feel every emotion the characters feel. It's written so well and it's so easy to picture scene by scene in your head. In my opinion, Vampire Empire is like Batman meets Beauty and The Beast. A MUST READ!