GCReading

GCReading

Love all things books, music, and movies!

Founder of Good Choice Reading Reviews & Bookish Event Coordinator.

Firelight (Firelight Series)

Firelight (Firelight Series) - I started reading Firelight today at about 2 PM in the afternoon and finished at about 6:30 PM. I just could not put the book down. I loved everything about it!Jacinda is draki and the only one who can breathe fire. This makes her very special to her kind and very important. They pretty much rule her life and have everything all planned out for her. Jacinda decides to have a little fun one day, but things go terribly wrong. She and her friend decided to go have some fun flying around only to be seen by Hunters. As they try to survive and get away, she meets Will. Now, I would keep going on their first meeting, but I feel I will be giving away something important. Because of Jacinda's mistake, her mother decides that it would be safer for Jacinda and her sister, if she took them and ran away. They leave their home and attempt to start a new life someplace else. Of course she is not very happy with her mother’s decision. She loves being a draki and is upset with her mother for taking her away. That is until she meets Will again. Things slowly begin to change and as she falls in love with Will, things get even more complicated. Especially when she finds out Will feels the same way about her. He is the one person she should fear most, since he does hunt her kind, but for some reason he is the one she feels the most comfortable with.Sophie is an amazing story teller. While reading Firelight, it was almost like I was there in the pages. There was never a boring moment. The way Jacinda and Will fall in love and all their emotions for each other, just felt so real. It was almost like their emotions were coming off the pages and into me. It was PERFECT! It was so easy to like the characters and even relate to some. Firelight is an original story with a very beautiful intense love between two characters. It's unpredictable and a definite page turner. If you have not picked up a copy of Firelight by Sophie Jordan, I recommend you do. You will not be disappointed. I read it in about five hours. I was trapped inside the book and did not want to come out. Five Stars!