GCReading

GCReading

Love all things books, music, and movies!

Founder of Good Choice Reading Reviews & Bookish Event Coordinator.

Virtuosity

Virtuosity - Jessica Martinez I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews about Virtuosity, and to be honest, it did sort of turn me off. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to read it or not. So for a while I would look at it sitting on my bookshelf and just keep pushing it to the side. Of course now I am little upset at myself for waiting so long to read it. I loved it! I have learned that reading reviews before reading a book is probably not such a good idea for me. I am easily turned off, and I would have missed out on a great story.Carmen basically has it all, but the one thing she loves the most is her music career. It means everything to her and more. There is a new competition coming up and only the best will win, and Carmen will do anything to win. She starts off by pretty much stalking her opponents and learning every little thing about them. What she didn't count on was how one meeting with Jeremy would turn her world upside down. They are both after the same thing, but only one will be left standing. You know that saying "Curiosity killed the cat"? That fits perfectly for Jeremy and Carmen. Only no one dies in this story. There really isn't much I can say without giving the whole story away, but it's pretty much girl falls in love with boy, boy falls in love with girl, but can it really work? Can they really still want to be with each other after ONE of them wins the competition? Virtuosity was a definite page turner for me. I was just so curious and loved being inside Carmen's world. Her life went from being on track, to completely derailing. I felt so bad for her at times and then so happy for her. Even though I loved the relationship between Carmen and her mother, it was so sad how at times her mother would forget that they were family. She became so blindsided by Carmen's career, that when Carmen needed her the most, she really wasn't there for her. Virtuosity was written so well and runs so smoothly, you can easily finish it in one sitting. The outcome to the story was well thought out and I was very happy with it. There isn't one thing I can say about Virtuosity that I did not like.5 out of 5 stars!